The Morse group collaborated in this 2015 ERDF-INNTERCONECTA programme with Keysight Technologies and DEKRA with the objective of improving the study of mobile device performance in pre-5G environments. The most relevant results of this collaboration include:
– The implementation of speed tests defined in the 3GPP 3GPP TR 37.901 standard, in the form of test plans compatible with the Keysight’s testing automation environment TAP.
– The development of several traffic generators, for both computers and Android devices, and of their corresponding control plugins for TAP, which can be used in automated conformity tests.
– The creation of multiple steps and the improvement of some existing steps of the control plugin of Keysight’s LTE E7515A UXM network emulator for TAP.
– The development of a control plugin for TAP of the Keysight N6700 family of measures and power supply sources.
– A graphic interface that enables administering the automatic execution of multiple conformity tests using TAP, with the possibility of specifying different parameters in each execution.
La creación de múltiples steps y la mejora de algunos de los existentes en el plugin de control del emulador de red LTE E7515A UXM de Keysight para TAP.
Una extensión al sistema previamente descrito, que permite la creación del código que implementa cada uno de los steps (primitivas de control utilizadas en TAP) destinados a la configuración de cada uno de los valores expuestos por los instrumentos generados.
Additionally, the MORSE group implemented, in the context of this project, several tools geared at facilitating the development of new components and instruments during the transition towards 5G environments, including the following:
– An automatic system to generate the code needed for the implementation of new control plugins for measure instruments, on the basis of a definition of said instrument.
– An extension of the system described above, which allows creating the code that implements each step (control primitives used in TAP) geared at the configuration of each value exposed by the instruments generated.