On September 15, 2022, the 1st Transfer Conference of the Institute of Technology and Software Engineering of the University of Malaga took place. This event under the theme “Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Horizon Europe” was developed in the Ada Byron Research building and had more than sixty people registered. This first ITIS Transfer Day, developed as part of the Strategic Action on Boosting Transfer, sought to improve collaboration with companies interested in participating in European project proposals and focused on the following topics:
- Real-time data analysis and secure Point-of-Care computing in Health
- Trustworthy Data Centred AI
- Assessment, intervention and repair of civil engineering infrastructure
- Emerging Smart IoT Platforms and decentralized intelligence
- Open Source components for EU Cloud/Edge computing
- Analysing Earth
- Observation data
- Monitoring of water quality in urban areas
- AI in the context of Smart Network & Services 5G/6G
- Experimental Infrastructure
The inauguration of the event was in charge of Teodomiro López (Vice President of Research and Transfer), Daniel Escacena (Director of Projects of the Andalusian Knowledge Agency) and Pedro Merino (Director of the Institute). After their interventions, several ITIS researchers counted the capabilities of the Institute in the topics of interest and Rubén Porras (OTRI Technician) presented upcoming calls for European projects.
With more than twenty companies registered, the session closed with two hours of bilateral meetings between ITIS researchers and local and regional companies attending.